I made this soup last night for dinner and it turned out excellent. It was both, delicious and filling, and made a great lunch for today! I recommend that you try this one out to kick off spring and detox.
Spring Detox Leek & Onion Soup (ready in 1 hour; makes 10 servings)
- 4 leeks, trimmed and coarsely chopped
- 2 yellow onions, coarsely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 8 cups lows-sodium chicken stock
- 1/2 tsp unrefined sea salt
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- Heat oil over medium-high heat in a large pot or Dutch oven.
- Cook onions and leeks, stirring constantly for 10 minutes, or until they begin to soften. (Add a little more oil if necessary)
- Add garlic, stock, and seasonings, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 40 minutes, or until all vegetables are tender. Serve with a salad or omelette for a complete, balanced meal.
Reno, Tosca. “Soup’s On.” Oxygen May 2013: 58. Print.